Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!!

It's been said many times by now I'm sure, but let me add my "Happy New Year" to the list.

2009 was a pretty good year. It started off in the best way possible with the inauguration of Obama, an event I am so thankful to have been able to attend, and not one I will forget. I am thankful that the end of 2009 marks yet another year that I have managed to balance my job and life with making my art. I kept my studio practice going while applying to exhibitions and shows, some I was accepted to and some....well....not. I am also thankful to have readers like you who follow my blog and leave some wonderful encouraging comments for me. I am going on three years having a blog now, and trying my hardest to make it a more regular part of my schedule. If I made New Year resolutions, maybe this would be one??? I pretty much make resolutions every day, so I stray from making a blanket resolution at the beginning of the year. However, I do have goals for this year. It's pretty simple: maintain my studio practice, continue exhibiting my work, continue to apply to residencies and get into graduate school. When I graduated from college I gave myself a few 5 year goals. I have achieved 2 of the 3, and have two years left to achieve the third. It is a once a year chance for that one, so we'll see!

I hope you all had a wonderful New Year's Eve and here's to hoping 2010 is your best year yet!!

Images of new drawings coming soon, keep being patient! Also, please forgive the inconsistent formatting, I promise to make up my mind soon!


No comments: