I'm in Hanoi, Vietnam right now and heading to Ha Long Bay and Cat Ba Island for the next three days. I have been doing and seeing many wonderful things and being on the computer has been far from my mind. BUT I just had two cups of a coffee, the internet is free, and I have an hour and a half until my cheesy water puppet show starts so here are some highlights so far:
- Getting my Myanmar visa without a hassle.
- My first tuk-tuk ride in Bangkok.
- Getting lost on my bicycle in Ayutthaya, Thailand and not seeing another westerner for hours.
- Getting lost on foot in Ayutthaya, Thailand and getting a motorcycle ride to the ferry from the local I asked
- Meeting and then travelling through Thailand and Laos with three really great Aussies (we have since
parted ways. Sad.)
- Jungle trekking for three days which included riding an elephant, drinking whiskey moonshine from a
bag under a waterfall and eating rat for breakfast.
- The five massages I've had so far...
- Taking a two day slow boat down the Mekong River in Laos.
- Watching the sunset in Luang Prabang, Laos.
- THE MARKETS.
- THE FOOD MARKETS.
- Trekking in Sapa, Vietnam and doing a homestay in the Tavan valley with a Black Hmong family.
I'm very happy. The thing I miss the most are my jeans...and you of course.